Thursday, July 31, 2008

Geyser war!

Kelsey and myself have now seen Old Faithful and other geysers in Yellowstone's National Park. We can compare these american geysers to the Icelandic Geysers we saw only a few months ago.

I will post duelling videos and let you decide which Geyser is more impressive.

I will tell you right now that in Iceland you can get a lot closer to the geyser's and you can literal feel the water coming down. In Yellowstone you are kept quite a distance away from the actual explosion, but in Yellowstone the geysers last a lot longer.

Since Iceland was my first experience with a geyser I might be a little biased towards how amazing it was to see. We did see a film crew for the Discovery Channel filming a documentary about these natural wonders. Anytime a hole in the rocks you are standing on shoots boiling hot water 25-30 feet into the sky, you must give respect to power of this great earth.

Check back soon to see my Geyser comparisons.

2 comments:

Bas said...

Awesome idea. Hope I don't forget to check back and 'vote'. :-)

Kris said...

What the heck, I had no idea you had this blog until right now.
I'll be sure to check back for the videos!